KKN Profesi Kesehatan UNHAS
Sambutan Dekan Fakultas Kedokteran UNHAS
The Medical Faculty of Hasanuddin University was established on 22 October 1953, based on the decree of the Indonesian Government.
On 28 January 1956, the Minister of Education officially named this institution Fakultas Kedokteran Makassar (the Medical Faculty of Makassar)
that then turned into the Medical Faculty of Hasanuddin University when the University was established.
On 31 December 1963 the faculty graduated 4 medical doctors. Now the Faculty has changed a lot.
The Faculty has implemented the Credit Semester System since 1978. On 17 August 1988 the Medical Faculty moved from Baraya to the new campus in Tamalanrea. Now the Faculty has improved significantly and in 2000 was accredited by BAN (the National Accreditation Board) with grade A. The Medical Faculty of Hasanuddin University is the centre for the development of health sciences in the Eastern Region of Indonesia; consequently, big efforts have to be made to improve (among others) the quality of its graduates. The Medical Faculty of Hasanuddin University is committed to produce graduates who are able to compete with overseas.